Saturday, September 3, 2011

Top Ten? Yeeah! and what to do with pegboard

First of all, I have to say that I am truly honoured to be named one of Pam's Top Ten blogs over at Vintage Teacher! Given the calibre of her blog, to even be considered is a real compliment and if you haven't been by her blog, you should check it out (and the other fantastic blogs that she chose).

Secondly, I have a confession.

My name's Liam ('Hi Liam') and I am a horde-aholic. I have a difficult time a really hard time  an impossible time throwing things away. It is always an epic internal debate when I find myself standing with an freshly emptied jar. The recycling bin beckons me.

"This way, Liam" it says softly. "You have no need for that."

"Nonsense!" another voice protests! "That pickle jar would be perfect ... for something... just you wait. You will regret discarding it, of that you can be sure!"

The feeling that you get when something you have stubbornly kept for far too long suddenly finds it's calling can be defined in a word: Awesome! I love those moments because it justifies all the other items that are still waiting in the wings. Like little actors listening for their cue to enter from stage-left. Triumphantly, the horns pronounce an epic VICTORY for the hero and the people rejoice.

The reason I am going on and on about this is that I have a piece of pegboard. It's a good sized piece, about 4' x 3', if I remember correctly. It's white on one side and it's unpainted on the other.  The problem: I don't have a clue what I am going to do with it! It has sat in my class for WEEKS now and I am getting frustrated that it hasn't met it's purpose yet. I've seen one good idea already on Jack of All Trades but I want to see what else you come up with.

Consider this Liam's Creative Challenge #01 
So, dear reader, I ask you. What would you do with pegboard? (and before you ask, there is no prize for the winner, just the satisfaction of a job well done. Besides, that's what we tell the kids is important, right?)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my website. :) Another idea for pegboard is using it as a creative art center. You could add little cups and holders and display all art stuff...it saves cabinet space. Other than that... thats all I got :)

    Leslie
    http://jackofalltrades-leslie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...